Sunday 6 December 2009

Chris writes: well we are now in December, Advent and thoughts naturally go to Christmas and friends and family. For us of course it is a little different so I guess only natural that feelings of homesickness creep in. How I would just love to be able to walk along the coast by the sea, or go bike riding or worship and listen in church in the English langauge...but those are some of the things we have given up by our choice to live in Kosova. We have now been here over a year and so maybe the romance and glitz...if there ever was any of being a missionary....is starting to wear off and I am starting to miss some of those simple things I used to take for granted! Today was difficult in our Albanian speaking church with little translation - Lorraine was away and I was not expecting translation just for me the only English speaker there! It really feels like we are at a crossroads - will we decide to carry on with our adventure here in Kosova or return to UK?? It feels that there is much for us to do here and our long-term future could be here but at what cost? Some days the cost seems minimal and other days it seems very high. Please do pray that we will make the right decision and stay in God's will. Thanks for reading and praying for us and standing with us in our adventure. Zoti Bekoft!!

1 comment:

Caitie Bee said...

You two are definitely in my prayers... I miss you, Rainie! Sending my love... xoxo