Friday 26 March 2010

A sad day in Krushe



Lorraine writes- My heart wept today for the villagers of Krushe. Even as I write this entry now, my eyes are filling up from the memory of what I saw and felt today. As you enter the village a separate burial site is off to one side where the bodies of those men and boys identified and returned lay to rest. Eleven years on from that fateful day, 26 March 1999 so many loved ones are still missing and have not been identified. As one family buries their son, husband and father today, many are still hoping for the return of their beloveds. For the few who have their bodies buried in this grave site they have a place to go and weep and lay flowers. But for many where do they go?? I have never met such strong women as those here in Krushe. Every day they live with their memories; memories I can't even begin to imagine. Yet they go about their busy lives, caring and looking after the remaining members of their family. As I stood and witnessed these amazing women visit the graves I will never forget the sound of their crying and sheer grief. It pierced my heart, and all I wanted to do was give each one a hug.....But what I did do was pray; pray for these families, for their pain to lessen. Seeing some of the children from the village school lined up with their wreathes was a very striking image. May God's love and peace rest in this place; on the people of Krushe and on the people of Kosova. Thank you to those who were able to say a prayer for today........Kosova is very much in our hearts xx

No comments: